Rio 2016 Apps

Enhance your Games experience.

Download
Who are you cheering on?

Who are you cheering on?

Choose your favorite athletes, teams, sports and countries by clicking on the buttons next to their names

Note: Your favourites settings are stored on your computer through Cookies If you want to keep them, refrain from clearing your browser history

Please set your preferences

Please check your preferences. You can change them at any time

Expand Content

This time zone applies to all schedule times

Expand Content
Contrast
Original colours Original colours High contrast High contrast
View all acessibility resources
A new world

Rio 2016 meets target for ticket sales: over one billion reais in revenue

By Rio 2016

Eighty per cent of tickets have been sold, with overseas fans buying 25 per cent; 1.2 million tickets still available to the public

Rio 2016 meets target for ticket sales: over one billion reais in revenue

Ticket prices for the sporting events range from 40 reais to 1,200 reais (Photo: Rio 2016/Alex Ferro)

The Rio 2016 Organising Committee for the Olympic Games has announced that it has sold 1.045 billion reais (US$323 million) worth of tickets and met its target for sales.

Ticket prices for the sporting events range from 40 reais (US$12)  to 1,200 reais (US$372) , while tickets for the opening and closing ceremonies cost from 200 reais to 4,600 reais.

Buy your tickets to the Olympic Games

Since March 2015, a total of 6.1 million tickets have been made available for sale. So far, 4.9 million tickets (or 80 per cent) have been sold, with 1.2 million still available to the public.

Brazilians have bought 75 per cent of the tickets so far, with foreign purchasers buying the remaining 25 per cent.

How to plan a last-minute trip to the Rio 2016 Games

Since non-residents of Brazil have been able to purchase directly from the Rio 2016 ticket portal, on 1 June, there has been a surge in overseas sales, particularly to fans in Argentina and Chile.

In all, the top-10 overseas markets for Rio 2016 tickets have been the USA, France, Argentina, Germany, Japan, Australia, Great Britain, the Netherlands, Canada and Chile.

As well as buying from ticket portal, fans can buy from the Rio 2016 ticket offices at the following locations:

Rio de Janeiro

Shopping Leblon
Av. Afrânio de Melo Franco, 290 – Leblon
Mon-Sat: 10am-10pm
Sun and public hols: 1pm-9pm

Shopping Via Parque
Av. Ayrton Senna, 3.000 – Barra da Tijuca
Mon-Sat: 10am-10pm
Sun and public hols: 1pm-9pm

Estádio Maracanã
Av. Prof. Manuel de Abreu 23, Maracanã
Mon-Sun: 10am-6pm

SuperVia – Central
Praça Cristiano Ottoni, s/n - Centro, RJ - CEP 20.221-250
Mon-Sat: 7am-2.30pm

SuperVia – Maracanã
Av. Presidente Castelo Branco, Radial Oeste. S/N
Maracanã/ Rio de Janeiro
Mon-Sat: 7am-2.30pm

São Paulo

Shopping West Plaza
Av. Francisco Matarazzo, S/N – Água Branca
Mon-Sat: 10am-10pm
Sun and public hols: 2pm-8pm

Belo Horizonte

Boulevard Shopping Belo Horizonte
Av. dos Andradas, 3.000 – Santa Efigênia
Mon-Sat: 10am-10pm
Sun and public hols: 2pm-8pm

Brasília

Centro de Convenções Ulisses Guimarães
SDC Eixo Monumental - Lote 05 - Ala Oeste – CCUG, 70070-350
Mon-Sun: 9am-9pm

Manaus

Centro de Convenções do Amazonas
Av. Constantino Nery, 5001 – Flores
Mon-Sun: 9am-9pm

Salvador

Shopping da Bahia
Av. Tancredo Neves, 148 - Caminho das Árvores
Loja 28/Z2
Mon-Sat: 9am-9pm
Sun and public hols: 1pm-9pm