• Providing medical assistance to athletes and spectators in training and competitions venues, and in the Olympic Village
• Providing scheduled and emergency consultations during the Games
• Providing dental treatment to athletes
• Dispensing, controlling, storing and transporting pharmaceuticals
• Performing laboratory and imaging tests for athletes
• Providing anti-doping services
Academic qualifications and professional experience in healthcare and medicine.
HEALTH SERVICES volunteers will work in competition and non-competition facilities, as well as at medical stations, polyclinics and in mobile units supporting the Games. Each competition venue will have medical stations exclusively for athletes and stations exclusively for spectators, workforce and ancillary staff.
• Dentist, dental hygienist, dental radiologist, dental prosthesis technician, dental surgery assistant, dental assistant
• Masseur or massage therapist
• Nurse, nursing technician, nursing assistant
• Medical radiologist
• Orthopaedic immobilisation technician
• First-aid worker
• Doctors with various specialisations